Special Tests, Diagnostic Bets & Complex Cases
LIMITED AVAILABILITY - Don't miss this Masterclass!
Expert Examination is for all physiotherapists and rehabilitation professionals seeking an in-depth understanding of the shoulder. Patients may be seeking a second opinion, have failed to improve or need to make a surgical / non-surgical decision. An accurate examination and correct interpretation of imaging results - commonly x-ray, US or MRI - will be critical in providing expert advice to your patient.
Some key clinical questions:
- Are there residual effects post acute inflammatory bursitis?
- Are there effective tests for biceps tendinopathy? SLAP tears?
- Is an MRI needed before choosing a stabilization procedure for dislocation?
- What common pathologies are missed on MRI?
- What clinical tests confirm a cuff tear? Can you estimate the size clinically?
- What x-rays are important to take for a shoulder failing to improve?
- Is a 12 mm SSP cuff tear in a 58 year old a surgical need? For a 45 year old?
Some teachers choose to divide the shoulder into broad diagnostic groups such as the weak shoulder, the unstable or stiff shoulder. These categories can provide basic treatment direction but are insufficient for managing labral tears, partial thickness cuff tears, calcific tendinopathy, acute inflammatory bursitis and more.
This Masterclass will review the ActiveShoulder screening examination, special tests and combinations, diagnostic accuracy and reliability, understanding imaging of the shoulder and differential diagnosis.
- SCREENING & SPECIAL TESTS OF THE SHOULDER - a practical review of tests for cuff tears, glenohumeral instability, bursitis, tendinopathies, AC & SC joint instabilities and labral tears.
- COMBINED TESTING - understand the key metrics, then build from an efficient screening examination through to confirmatory tests to raise your diagnostic accuracy.
- IMAGING OF THE SHOULDER - Learn what to do with your imaging results, how to evaluate them clinically and know your indicators for medical and surgical referral.
- DIFFERENTIAL DIAGNOSIS - common, infrequent and rare disorders affecting the shoulder.
University degree in rehabilitation or medicine
Who Should Attend?
|$445 CAD||$525 CAD|
*Early Bird pricing in effect until 30 days prior to the event unless otherwise noted.
Full Day Program
Examination of the Shoulder
Special Tests of the Shoulder
Combining Special Tests
|12:30 pm||Lunch Break|
Differentials of the Shoulder
Case Study Discussions
|5:15 pm||Course Feedback / Certificates|